Software Developer - Server
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Server team)
Miniclip.com is looking for a Software Developer to join our Server team in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time, permanent position.
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior or mid-level software developer to integrate into an agile, highly effective and skilled team.
You will be part of a small team of dedicated developers, deploying and providing support for our mobile multiplayer game servers. Thinking outside the box to come up with innovative solutions and collaborating with some of the best minds in the field!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing, using Erlang programming language, and providing support for mobile multiplayer game distributed backend servers at scale
- Providing support for various services essential for mobile games
- Developing new web applications for both internal and external use
- Developing game prototypes
- Building our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working, passionate and dedicated person who enjoys teamwork. The ideal candidate will be skilled in the following:
Good written and spoken English skills
- Knowledge of Linux environment and associated tooling
- Basic knowledge of the TCP/ IP stack
- Software architecture or infrastructure design skills
- Troubleshooting and addressing load issues
- Client/Server paradigms
- Team Player
- Accountability and Ownership
- Willingness to learn new things and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Willingness to be on call with the rest of the Server team (24x7 accessibility for emergency issues on rotation)
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge or experience of C, C++, Go or Java
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in CI/CD
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Tagus Park (Oeiras, Portugal) with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events (virtually, currently). We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 3 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Appynation Ltd (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com