Server Engineering Lead
Do you like to work, and research, the latest backend technologies, and test new things? Do you have exciting ideas for dealing with complex issues, like how to deploy systems with zero downtime, managing complex migrations, and creating new architectures from the ground up? Would you like an opportunity to build a dream team? Do you have a knack for improving cooperation processes to improve resilience? This is the right role for you!
Miniclip is looking for an experienced to hire in our Lisbon (PT) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This role is fully remote, with the possibility of performing hybrid working arrangements (partial time in office, partial time at home).
The Server Engineering team works on several key services used across all games and business areas of the Miniclip Group, reaching over 70M players every day. You will need to deal with several business critical systems, improve, maintain, and create new systems and processes with several complexities, in tight cooperation with other Group company studios and teams.
This is an exciting, high profile role, working with a leading digital games and entertainment company. You will build and lead the Server Engineering team for the entire Miniclip Group. You will be the founder of its culture, in alignment with Miniclip' s values.
● Lead the Server Engineering team. Duties include, but are not limited to, assessing and evolving the engineering resource and operational requirements needed to put in place the chosen solutions.
● Not only you will be part of designing and implementing solutions with the state-of-the-art tools, but you will also maintain and learn all the existent technologies.
● Your team will advise on, design, develop, maintain and optimise our business critical systems, such as Privacy Beacons, mass Push Notification services, in tight cooperation with stakeholders and product owners.
● Manage and implement observability and alarmistic in an iterative, proactive manner.
● Manage on-call rotations and participate in it, while we transition to an SRE-based approach.
● Represent the company in high profile events and world renowned tech conferences, which might require travelling.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a social, committed individual who enjoys teamwork and is passionate about distributed systems, software engineering, and is curious about the mobile gaming ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be articulate, energetic, and strongly skilled in the following:
● We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in an Engineering Leadership role, and 6+ years in Software Development roles.
● Experience in gathering requirements from stakeholders, building complex system architectures, distributing work and creating/managing software teams and processes.
● Good knowledge and experience working on AWS.
● Deep understanding of Linux, including a variety of systems performance analysis and tuning metrics; familiarity with networking protocols and optimization practices.
● Commitment to high-speed iteration, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes, code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
● A natural flair for writing well-structured, functional or object-oriented code and a strong understanding of core computer science (data structures & algorithms).
● Knowledge of version control and build systems: git.
● Scientific and analytical approach to problem solving.
● Excellent communication and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
● Willingness to learn, with a humble posture, that aligns with our values.
● Experience in managing/implementing systems that deal with Privacy Frameworks is a plus.
● Proven experience in migrating complex systems to different technologies is a plus.
We have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 4 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.