The Server Engineering team, at Miniclip, is looking for a motivated Server Engineer to join it.
This team is responsible for providing broad Miniclip group services to many different departments and areas of business. We work closely with the internal studio-specific backend teams, 3rd-party backend teams, as well as broad-operation teams such as Cloud Engineering, Data Engineering and Operations, designing, implementing, testing, deploying and operating (as well as maintaining) complete and complex software development lifecycles from the ground up until they reach production.
Our main products include, at the moment, the Privacy Framework, the Mass notification system, and bridges to several other systems. New products are expected to be included in our pipelines, so this is your chance to be involved in a process from scratch.
You will work in a small but focused team, with technologies such as Erlang/OTP, Elixir, Golang and Python.
- Be able to organize around weekly established priorities (in a Kanban-like process) with a capacity to shift them whenever required
- Be able to work with (and adapt into the company, where not already present) good practices from the software development field
- Be able to properly test and document software (existing or new)
- Be able to closely follow established processes in an opinionated manner, helping to improve them where they require it
- Be able to troubleshoot live issues as well as give support to other teams regarding use of team-developed software stacks
- Be willing to learn new practices, and embrace new challenges and processes
- Be willing to work on a 24/7/365 on-call schedule in rotation with other elements of the team
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- Mid- to senior- level software developer
- 2+ years of development experience, namely with functional languages in a Linux/macOS environment
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Good knowledge of software architecture and design
- Prior experience with large scale cloud-based AWS computing
- Drive for observability and improvement of existing alarms for maximum system robustness
- Basic knowledge of source control versioning (Git knowledge is desirable)
- Understanding of a full backend software lifecycle, including planning, analysis and design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operations
- Prior experience with CI/CD systems (Atlassian Bamboo is desirable, but not essential)
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
We have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social, and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognized brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognizing its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.