Senior Server Engineer / User Level Ads Monetisation
The Server Engineering team, at Miniclip, is looking for a motivated Server Engineer to help us build the next generation of advertising monetisation technology. You will work in a medium-sized and focused team, with technologies such as Erlang/OTP, Elixir, Golang and Python, and collaborate closely with the teams in this project such as Data Engineering, Cloud Engineering and Operations, SDK Engineering and others.
- Be able to organise around weekly established priorities (in a Kanban-like process) with a capacity to shift them whenever required
- Be able to design systems in close collaboration with teams from multiple backgrounds (site reliability, operations, data science, frontend, ...)
- Be able to work with (and adapt into the company, where not already present) good practices from the software development field
- Be able to properly test and document software (existing or new)
- Be able to closely follow established processes in an opinionated manner, helping to improve them where they require it
- Be able to troubleshoot live issues as well as give support to other teams regarding use of team-developed software stacks
- Be willing to learn new practices, and embrace new challenges and processes
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- Senior- level software developer
- 5+ years of development experience, namely with functional languages in a Linux/macOS environment
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Good knowledge of software architecture and design
- Prior experience with large scale cloud-based AWS computing
- Drive for observability and improvement of existing alarms for maximum system robustness
- Basic knowledge of source control versioning (Git knowledge is desirable)
- Understanding of a full backend software lifecycle, including planning, analysis and design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operations
- Prior experience with CI/CD systems (Atlassian Bamboo is desirable, but not essential)
- Ability to cope with different opinions in different contexts that shift very rapidly
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
We have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 4 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.