Senior Server Developer
What will you be doing at Miniclip?
You will be part of a team of dedicated software developers, deploying and providing support for our multiplayer mobile game backend infrastructure. Thinking outside the box and come up with innovative solutions and collaborating with some of the best minds in the field!
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain, and operate mobile multiplayer game backend applications and services
- Develop game prototypes
- Build our platforms, systems, and networking infrastructure with security and at-scale mindsets
What are we looking for?
- A social, hard-working person who enjoys being part of a diverse team and is dedicated and passionate
- Good written and spoken English language proficiency
- At least 3 years of experience developing software using any backend programming language such as C, C++, Golang, Java, Erlang, Elixir
- Knowledge of software design patterns and corresponding use-cases
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux operating system
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
- Software architecture or infrastructure design skills
- Troubleshooting and addressing load issues
- Client/Server paradigms
- Good team player showing ownership, accountability, and commitment
What would be a plus?
- Knowledge or experience in functional programming languages, such as, Erlang, Elixir, Scala or Clojure.
- Knowledge or experience with public cloud computing providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with CI/CD pipelines
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 400 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in 10 countries, with a global workforce of over 1000 people across 16 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which also include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Subway Surfers™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 7 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 70 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross), and most recently Sybo (famous for Subway Surfers).
For more information, visit https://miniclip.com/