Senior Analytics Engineer
What will you be doing at Miniclip?
- Collect business requirements and design data models to provide clean, accurate datasets so that different users within the company can work with them and answer their own questions.
- Work closely with data analysts and data engineers to optimize data models that are ready for consumption.
- Enable data scientists to focus more on insights and less on cleaning and optimizing datasets.
- Apply engineering best practices to build the data models
- Develop and maintain data quality checks
- Create and maintain architecture and processes documentation
- Create, standardize and improve documentation on data
What are we looking for?
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Great communication skills (will have to regularly achieve consensus amongst technical and business teams)
- Proven experience designing, implementing, operating, and extending Kimball dimensional models (experience with other modelling approaches like Data Vault is a plus)
- Expert knowledge in SQL
- Coding skills in Python, Scala or Java
- Experience with Data Transformation Tools (e.g., DBT)
- Experience with Orchestration/Workflow Tools (e.g., Apache Airflow)
- Experience with Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience working in large-scale (Petabyte+) data platforms is a plus
- Experience in CI/CD for the data environment.
- Proficient in Git, Shell, and command-line tools
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 400 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in 10 countries, with a global workforce of over 1000 people across 16 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which also include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Subway Surfers™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 7 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 70 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross), and most recently Sybo (famous for Subway Surfers).
For more information, visit https://miniclip.com/