Senior 2D Artist
What will you be doing at Miniclip?
- Produce artwork to support our games and products.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
- Display knowledge of shape, color and composition with a good general art foundation.
- Create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into our games.
- Create low-poly as well as high poly 3D models.
- Create textures for 3D models, and render scenes with adequate lighting, and materials in a wide range of art styles, from realistic to illustrated.
- Create 2D illustrations in a wide range of art styles.
- Animate characters, simulate user interface animations.
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline.
- Work closely with art lead, game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender, Spine, After Effects or similar.
- Experience in the mobile game industry
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs.
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, with experience in graphic design, traditional 2D skills, 3D skills.
- Able to effectively build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines.
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus.
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly.
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Blender or similar.
- Knowledge of Spine and After Effects.
- Fluent in English
- Candidates with experience using Unity will be highly considered.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 400 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in 10 countries, with a global workforce of over 1000 people across 16 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which also include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Subway Surfers™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 7 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 70 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross), and most recently Sybo (famous for Subway Surfers).
For more information, visit https://miniclip.com/