Miniclip is looking to hire a Opex Finance Manager in our London (UK) Studio.
This is a permanent role, please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Miniclip has grown substantially over the last few years; not just in terms of revenues and headcount, but also in complexity as the company has combined organic growth with M&A activity. To support our ambitious growth strategy, we are creating a new role of Opex Finance Manager to business partner with our key Cost Centre owners and bring financial support and analysis to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role offers exposure to senior management, including the Commercial Finance Director & CFO, as well as the senior stakeholders of core Cost Centres. You will be providing vital insight to key stakeholders that helps the understanding of and influences the company’s cost base. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team with real responsibility and impact.
The ideal candidate is passionate, driven, and able to adapt in a fast paced and dynamic industry.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A self-confident and personable individual with great stakeholder management
- Strong communicator (written & verbal); reliable and responsive
- Can identify trends and patterns in large data sets and translate them into meaningful insights
- A problem solver who can produce data driven recommendations and solutions
- A strong collaborator, who can explain financial models and process to non-finance stakeholders
- A good level of integrity and judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Can adapt to a dynamic business environment
- Demonstrates experience of working in high-volume data environments, and of producing analytical and reporting outputs
- Experienced business partner with strong influencing skills
- Influence decision-making around Opex spend by providing high-quality data analysis to assist in the delivery of margin improvement
- Prepare month end Opex reporting for senior stakeholders within Finance and beyond
- Facilitate monthly Opex reviews with senior stakeholders, including challenging ROIs on key costs
- Review and challenge the integrity of data and analysis to ensure reporting is accurate
- Establish and monitor key KPIs and ROIs for Opex costs to drive a culture of spend efficiency
- Responsible for the preparation of Opex Budgets and quarterly Forecasts
- Support continuous improvement of systems, processes, and activities
- Identify and monitor risks, opportunities and efficiencies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be a qualified finance professional with the majority of that time spent in commercial facing roles.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced in Business Partnering and influencing
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills all levels
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Willingness to learn new skills and assist other team members
- Experience of Domo or other business intelligence/database software
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Games Development Studio in Holborn with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and we understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. That’s why there is a pool table, 100” screen with next generation consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
We also have a fantastic benefits package, with medical and dental cover, life insurance and critical illness cover, income protection scheme, a generous holiday entitlement and a pension plan with Company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 4 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 45 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.