Junior Software Developer - Operations Specialist
JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Miniclip is looking for a Junior Software Developer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Software Developer to integrate into an agile, highly effective, and skilled team. You will be working with the team that is responsible for the execution of the marketing vision in the form of in-game promotional campaigns, reaching out to our tens of millions of users!
Your work will include:
- Executing CRM's marketing strategy through the promotion of new and existing content with dynamic in-game pop ups across our multiple titles.
- Working together with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, marketing managers, artists, quality assurance testers, release managers, and others.
- Participating in team activities to develop new concepts for promotional campaigns.
- Developing robust and scalable solutions to complex marketing strategy problems using existing in-house technology.
- Participating in the development of our in-house technology, focusing on the development of both on pipeline and processes and on actual in-game code.
- Acting upon opportunities and needs, supporting the development of new features and resolving internal systems' bugs and limitations.
- Developing automation tools to minimize manual steps necessary for execution of CRM marketing strategy.
- Working in an agile scrum team to ensure the timely execution of the requested campaigns with weekly deliveries.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate must present the following skills:
- Great communication in both written and spoken English.
- Highly responsible, accountable and proactive team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills through analytical, systematical or intuitive approaches.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design or development.
- Experience in tool or script development - preferably using Python.
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Basic marketing understanding.
- Background in a technical area within Mobile Game Development (Software Development, Quality Assurance, other).
- Any knowledge of other programming languages - namely C++ or C#.
- Any Unity3D experience.
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Tagus Park (Oeiras, Portugal) with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events (virtually, currently). We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms. They operate in eight countries, with a global workforce of over 900 people across 13 locations.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip's digital games, which include the franchises 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™, Carrom Pool™, and Agar.io™ have generated more than 4 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 45 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past three years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager) now operating as Miniclip Netherlands, Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Puzzling.com (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com