Game Data Analyst
GAME DATA ANALYTICS
We are looking to welcome yet another brilliant into our Business Intelligence team. Have you ever wondered why people play games? Are you the kind of person who wants to understand, not only what people do but why they do it? Can you transform that knowledge into actionable insights that can make our games more fun? This is the kind of curiosity and initiative we expect from the ideal Game Data Analyst at Miniclip.
At Miniclip, you would work alongside Producers to understand the overall performance and players’ behavior to be able to provide insights that shape the roadmap of our popular internal games. You will be able to join our Product Managers in optimizing the new games’ features and to work with our Developers and Data Engineers to be able to collect all the data you need for that.
- Partner with Product Managers and Game Designers to identify key strategic questions, metrics, and actionable tests.
- Define and own data to be collected by the game and assure their quality.
- Use large amounts of data to research player behavior and inform the development of new game features and the roadmap of your games.
- Produce reports that help end-users to visualize your findings and provide actionable and user-friendly insights and recommendations on areas to improve.
- Design, conduct and analyze A/B tests, leveraging appropriate statistical methods.
- Promote good practices and educate a world-class team to be agile data-driven decision-makers.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of work/academic experience in data analysis and providing data-driven insights.
- Skillful in domain-specific programming languages such as R or Python (preferably R).
- Robust knowledge in mathematical areas relevant to the position: statistics, probabilities, simulations, etc.
- Strong data visualization and storytelling skills. You should be able to tell completing stories backed up by your charts and reports.
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain key findings and give data-driven recommendations to multiple people with distinct backgrounds.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to build strong relationships across the data analyst community, share knowledge and learn from others.
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken.
It would be a bonus if you also:
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Games Industry (especially in Free to Play games).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ability to perform complex queries in non-relational databases.
- Previous experience using Data Visualization Tools such as; Domo, Superset, Looker, Tableau, or similar.
- Drive to innovate and explore new data analysis techniques, methods, and concepts.
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Genoa, Italy with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We do regular events, some of them are company-wide and abroad! We like to embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social, and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group