Full-stack Developer - Remote from PT
Miniclip is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join the Web Engineering Team in our Lisbon (Portugal) Studio or remotely from Portugal.
The Web Engineering team is responsible for several key services used across all business units of Miniclip.
As a Fullstack Developer, you would be joining a greenfield project, for a new high-importance internal project, with an active role in the definition of the stack architecture.
Your primary responsibilities will focus on web solutions and will be done around:
- Working in tight cooperation with teams across the group to develop a new technological stack for internal use.
- Developing shareable components among the team and potentially across group teams.
- Practicing and enforcing engineering best practices in your day-to-day work.
- Taking an active role in decisions that define the architecture of frontend and backend stacks.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience building, deploying and operating full-stack services.
- Experience in frontend frameworks such as Vue.js or React
- Proficient in git versioning system
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and team player
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Experience with Go
- Experience with GraphQL server and client implementations
- Experience with testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Familiarity with AWS Services (or one of the major cloud services)
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or an engineering-related field
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to be part of our team through https://corporate.miniclip.com/careers/vacancies/.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package, which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, local discount packs, Portuguese language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
We do regular events, some of them are company-wide and abroad! We like to embrace foreign cultures, so we do monthly lunches where we welcome the different food variations from several countries.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social, and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.