Computer Graphic Artist
Miniclip is looking for a Computer Graphic Artist to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
We are looking for a passionate and talented person with experience in Graphic Design, 2D art/Illustration and 3D Modeling.
The ideal profile for us is someone who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, is creative, collaborative, loves games, and takes ownership and pride in the work they do, while adding value to our objectives.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Portugal.
What will you do?
- Produce artwork to support our games and products.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
- Display knowledge of shape, color and composition with a good general art foundation.
- Create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into our games.
- Create low-poly as well as high poly 3D models.
- Create textures for 3D models, and render scenes with adequate lighting, and materials in a wide range of art styles, from realistic to illustrated.
- Create 2D illustrations in a wide range of art styles.
- Animate characters, simulate user interface animations.
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline.
- Work closely with art lead, game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender, Spine, After Effects or similar.
- Experience in the mobile game industry
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs.
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, with experience in graphic design, traditional 2D skills, 3D skills.
- Able to effectively build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines.
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus.
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly.
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Blender or similar.
- Knowledge of Spine and After Effects.
- Fluent in English
- Candidates with experience using Unity will be highly considered.