GAME SERVER SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Miniclip is looking for a to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio. This is a full-time position. Please, apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Italy.
It is an exciting opportunity to integrate into a highly effective and skilled team, developing cutting edge mobile games played by tens of millions of users.
You will be part of a small team of dedicated programmers that will develop, deploy and prove support for our mobile multiplayer game servers around the globe. Thinking outside the box to come up with innovative solutions and collaborating with some of the best minds in the field!
Your work will include:
- Developing and providing support for multiplayer game servers and related services.
- Developing and maintaining tools and libraries for both internal and external use.
- Maintaining our platforms, systems, and network infrastructure.
- Effectively cooperate with other teams members.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys team working and is a video game enthusiast, passionate and dedicated to his/her work. The ideal candidate will be skilled in the following:
- At least 2 years of experience on cloud/backend development.
- Previous experience on Amazon Web Services (or one of the major cloud services).
- Good programming skills (distributed/concurrent programming, networking, microservices).
- Proficient on git versioning system.
- Software design skills.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and team player.
- Analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with a strong attention to details.
- Accountability and Ownership with strong commitment and passion.
- Good English level, written and spoken.
The following skills are desirable:
- Knowledge or experience of Erlang, Elixir.
- Knowledge or experience of CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo, etc).
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genoa. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games or to shoot some pool.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, meal vouchers, English language lessons, free office drinks and more.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.